Monday, May 5, 2014

May 5

Our week was all right. We were really busy moving other missionaries to their new apartments and what not, but still had some good experiences.

This week was pretty busy we had spring cleaning and p-day. 

Monday we had dinner at the C's followed by us giving  a priesthood blessing and then we went to the FHE held by the YSA aged members and played basketball.

Tuesday we had our district meeting and then we spent the rest of the day moving the 2 Sunrise Companionships from their old apartments into their new ones followed by us having a dinner and HT appointment with the F's and then we helped finish moving the other Elders.

Wednesday we went to the other districts in Regina's District meetings and then went on exchanges and visited a LA member and then went to Swiss Chalet for lunch with some ladies that I had met in Weyburn, followed by us going to our online training meeting and then we stopped by and visited with a LA member who is dying of cancer before we went to East Side Mario's for dinner, compliments of Sister and Dr C.

Thursday we went on Facebook and went to Ranch Ehrlo where we are going to volunteer. Following that we had lunch and stopped by some referrals and prospective Elders, visited a Less active member in the hospital and gave him a blessing, and had a ward missionary coordination meeting and dinner with our ward mission leader and his family. Then we went to the C family and picked up the package you sent; they wanted it out of their house so the kids wouldn't eat it and we got invited to the temple. 

Friday we had Missionary Leadership Conference over Skype and then we had lunch with the S's at some restaurant called Bocados and spent the rest of the day helping a member family take some stuff of theirs, including a swing set, to the dump and then we set up a trampoline and had dinner with them and finished the trampoline and then we went and had a Home teaching message with the W family, then we went to the Temple and helped with a sealing session.

Saturday we went on facebook and then we visited D in the hospital again. Then we had lunch and had to take the truck in to get the tire fixed. Then we visited with C and he set a Baptismal date for the 10th. Then we left and the tire was even worse so we filled it up and contacted a bunch of prospective Elders and filled the tire again and then went to a member’s house and her husband helped us change our tire because we had no tools and then she insisted on feeding us dinner.

Sunday we planned a lot for going out to the reserves and had church. C was the only one who actually came and he didn't tell anyone he wanted to be baptised so we are postponing the date. We planned more for the reserves and then we had dinner at the T's and then we had the highlight of the week; we went and visited with our Spanish investigators and brought our ward mission leader with us to translate which was good. We couldn't understand what was being said but the spirit was so strong that it didn't matter.

Today and tomorrow we are going out to some surrounding areas and reserves.

But it's good hearing from you! Hope that all is well! Love you too! Take care

-Love Elder Shane Dola