Monday, May 6, 2013

MTC Life

The MTC is such a great place!!  The spirit is so strong here and time goes by pretty fast, but not fast enough!  The food is good for the first few bites but after that it's nasty and you feel sick for like an hour after every meal.  And we all are getting fat and morbidly obese because all we do all week is eat, sit, eat, sit, eat, sit, sleep, repeat over and over again.  There was one foreign Elder who came her back in the day and wasn't used to the food in this country and ate it so much he gained something crazy like 38 pounds in his stay at the MTC and had to go home and lose the weight before he could come back and serve his mission.  Mu goal is to beat his record and gain between 45 - 50 pounds before I leave next Wednesday at 5:00 am.  I'm pretty close so I'm pretty sure I'll meet my goal.

Getting up is easy but it's falling asleep at night that is the hardest thing to do.  I lay there for almost an hour sometimes before I can fall asleep but I'll be fine.

I just want you all to know that I love you all so very much and I know that there isn't anything better in my life that I could be doing right now besides being here serving the Lord and bringing others unto Christ.  It's such an honor being an Elder sharing a title that only the 12 apostles hold.  The other day I remember looking down in my pocket and seeing my tag and really realizing how special it is to be a missionary.  But I have to go, love you all, and kick the cat for me!

Elder Shane Dola