Monday, September 23, 2013

September 23, 2013

First of all, that thing on my arm. I went to the clinic and they wouldn't accept me because I didn't have an Ontario health card so I went to emergency and sat there for 3 hours to find out that it isn't cancer or anything like that, just dead skin or a wart, so I asked him to cut it out. He said he could but he didn't want to and he couldn't freeze it because his Nitrogen was back at the clinic, so he told me to freeze it with one of the things that you buy at the drugstore or to buy some acid stuff to put on it, so I used the rest of that stuff we bought before I came out, and froze it, and ripped it off, so for now it is gone!!!

Sorry I don't have much time to write this week. We got an unexpected call from a lady in our ward to go do some landscaping project today, so that took a lot of our time today! But it’s great to hear that you are doing well with you and the family and your surgery and I will keep praying for you!

Last week on Monday we had FHE with J. Tuesday we had lunch with the H's and then went to Aaron Park, and then later we went out to the S’s for dinner, along with some other things. Wednesday we went to the food bank and to the DNFC and had lunch with the T's and then taught a lesson to S and J. Then we went to the N’s for dinner and had a great lesson with them, the best since I have been here. Thursday we got up, drove to Winnipeg, dropped off Elder Florence and picked up my new companion, who just got here Wednesday, who is from California and is 18 and was raised catholic and has been baptized for just over a year, and is great, has such a great desire to be here! We drove back from Winnipeg and went straight to J’s and taught her. Then Friday we got up, drove to Fort Francis and had a Zone Conference and stayed the Night in International Falls, MN. We went on splits with Elders there Saturday, and went to district conference that night and the next morning. But we were 20 minutes late because we got stopped at the Border, even though this would have been the 3rd time that weekend we had come through, because Elder Elliott`s Visa he got on September 18th, 2013, expired on September 18th, 2013, because whoever made it up messed up and didn't put 2015 on it. But they got it sorted out and let us back into Canada and we went to District conference, came back home, finished our planning, went and got a door slammed in our face from an atheist, got invited over to M and D’s for dinner, and taught them a lesson afterwards. They are just such great people! And today we have been busy doing service and other things to prepare for the week!  

But I love you and hope and pray that you will continue to get better! And be careful!

Love Elder Shane Dola