Monday, August 18, 2014

August 18

Last week Monday we had P-day.

Tuesday was DM and other stuff throughout the day, and then we had dinner with the Burgess' and then went to a addiction recovery support group with one of our investigators and met a bunch of other people.

Wednesday we were on Exchanges and went to another DM and then we went out and helped out in White City again and then we came back and visited two different families and taught lessons, one which was super powerful. We also picked up trash in the hood but no worries I didn't run across any needles.

Thursday we had like 30 missionaries out in White City cleaning up and I had a stroke so that was not fun. We were there for 5+ hours straight and it was like 40degrees outside with the humidity! But after that and having had a stroke we went to East Side Marios with Sister C and it was so hot in there.  Then we did online work and then came home and I collapsed from my stoke of the heat (heat stroke) and didn't come back to my senses until the next morning.

Friday we went out and did some more yard work for the M's, who then fed us via BBQ, which was good. Then we went and did our "weekly service" and that involved more yard work. Then we visited E, had dinner, and taught X and H with Bro Speers and set a date for X to be baptized. It was great!

Saturday we took a load to the dump that we had been hauling around all day before from the M's service and while there, we got a call from the assistants telling us our transfer calls...then we had lunch, did our online work, weekly planned, and visited some more of our investigators. Then we had dinner and helped a new family move in and then visited P, and M and T before we came home.

Sunday we went and had a correlation meeting with breakfast at Brother Speers and then had church. H and X both came and so did A, so that was really good. C and I blessed the sacrament and we had a really good service the rest of the day. We said goodbye to E and then had dinner with the M family and then said goodbye to C, which was super hard. He did not want us to leave at all and whenever we said we had to go he just kept cutting us off and kept talking, trying to keep us there longer. When we went to our truck, he walked out and kept talking to us more. It was super hard and sad to see how upset he was about me leaving. Then we visited D and took indicators and did online work and that was our night.

But I have to get going now! Love you! You take care!

-Love Elder Shane Dola